Anyone know what a section 32 is?

conveyancingI may have a knack for doing research and planning, but sometimes I feel that my husband expects a little too much from me. He expects me to somehow work out the legalities of proper transfer as he inherited a property from his grandfather, and keeps mentioning this thing called a Section 32 statement. I have been doing some research and it seems we do not need to get a written vendors statement, Melbourne law seems to only require that for buying and selling. I have tried to tell my husband that I do not think we need to worry about it, but he insists I do more research.

I need to set boundaries for myself or all my energy will be sapped. I have done my best to look into the relevant property law, but there is only so much I can do on my own. My husband expects too much and begrudges every professional service we must use, but they are professionals for a reason. I cannot be an expert in everything, although I do try. Particularly with something as high-stakes as property law, an amateur attempt may be disastrous. Maybe if I had ever made it to law school, I would not be in this position. Not that I would swap my daughters Bella and Arya for anything, but I do wish I had done more with my life before their arrival. Now I will have to wait until they are older if I am to pursue higher qualifications.

Since the property we inherited is in Melbourne North, I have been doing plenty of research on South East conveyancing companies. I am not able to do their work for them, but I am able to select the best conveyancer for our needs. This is less than my family expects, but he will have to deal with it. Setting boundaries for what you will and will not do is difficult, but this is one of those instances where I have tried and must defer to the experts.

Read More